Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School

So this week on Monday I started school! This was my first year going back after doing online school for 9th grade. I was super nervous for obvious reasons. I was nervous about what everyone would think considering none of them know I'm sick. Only a few people in the school do but they aren't in any of my classes. I have been connected to feeds every day and my pump hasn't beeped once. It's a record!! I haven't been tolerating feeds so I have to stay continuous. I have been having a blast! My first block is chemistry and I'm the only 10th grader in the entire class. Everyone else is older than me. Second block I have a class with some people I know so that made things a lot better. I'm not a loner! Third block I know a few people but not anyone I'm friends with. So far everything has gone great with my medical stuff. Today someone ate something they shouldn't have in class near me so I told the teacher and she said she'll take care of it. So hopefully tomorrow the problem is fixed. Then I have early dismissal and get to go home at 1:15. Which is good because I'm exhausted by that point.

Keeping up with homework is hard because I just don't have the energy to do it. Plus my headaches have gotten worse so it is so hard to focus and concentrate. Neurology started me on a new medication that I will take tonight so we will see how that helps. I wish I could get rid of them once and for all! Besides all my medical drama school is great. I'm so happy! It's nice to get away from all the bad stuff happening in life right now and focus on school. Keeping me busy so I don't have to worry about it at that moment because I just forget. Life is great! Let's just hope things start going smoothly with my medical drama and everything gets taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment