Friday, December 27, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

2013 has brought me trials. Ups and downs, good things and bad things, and also miracles.
The Good Things
-I started at a new school and love it!
-Took a mission trip to the beach
-Made some amazing new friends
-Tyler's surgeon was able to reverse his ostomy and reconnect his GI tract
-I was confirmed in May
-I gained two more safe foods making our total three
-Went to the ACC Championship game!
-Was in our Children's Hospital Radiothon

The Bad Things
-I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis in September
-I need a central line to live and I'm TPN dependent.
-I am NPO
-Had six surgeries
-Lost a lot of my independence.
-Failed nearly 50 food trials
-Missed half a semester of school

Although life has not been easy this past year I've been happy with how things are going. I've missed out on a lot but also had some amazing opportunities despite my diseases. I am blessed beyond compare to have so many people's support in my life. I am praying that 2014 is a much better year for me health wise and I can't wait to see what life has in store for me next!


No comments:

Post a Comment