Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

Today I came across a photo on Instagram of diet pills. The hashtag was #mybreakfastlunchanddinner. It made me angry. I used the same hashtag in describing my TPN aka IV nutrition. This person also said food was not needed. It made me angry because food is needed. Food is needed to survive. Food is good and I would love to eat food if I could. However I can't because I have Gastroparesis and food allergies. It is not an option for me to eat or not. Yet, this person is taking food for granted as I would cry just to have one meal that is pain free. I don't see how it is worth it to use diet pills daily instead of eating. There are so many of us in the world who are unable to eat food. Fed by an IV or feeding tube. I'm not lucky because I am so skinny. I would rather be fat and happy than skinny and starving. I wonder if this person would think I'm lucky because I am fed into my heart and can't eat anything? Not able to gain weight having countless hospital stays, doctor appointments, and surgeries...yeah I'm lucky alright! Lucky to be sick and starving 24/7. Maybe I would see this differently if I wasn't sick. I'm jealous of someone who can eat REAL FOOD!! She chooses not to eat. On another not diet pills are extremely unhealthy and you are more than likely to gain back the weight you just recently lost by starving your body of nutrition and taking these pills. It almost seems unfair. Like can I trade places with her and eat all the food I want to if she doesn't want to eat? Gastroparesis is a disease that paralyzes the stomach. Food and liquids will sit in my stomach for hours and not move until I puke it up or my stomach decides to function slowly. Learn more here: gpact.org. Even into my intestines my digestive tract will not work properly. This is why I am giving TPN daily so I can survive and receive proper nutrition without becoming malnourished. Next time you think about skipping a meal or several and taking diet pills. Think of me and the thousands of people out there living with chronic GI conditions that give our body the inability to take in food properly. You never know how lucky you are to eat food unless you are unable to.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog all the time and I want you to know that you and Tyler inspire me! I have so much respect for the two of ye and I can only imagine how hard it must be but as far as I can see ye are each others rocks and I love how close both of ye are! Ye are both fighters and I respect ye so much! X

    ReplyDelete