Friday, August 9, 2013

Beach Mission Trip

I was able to get to enjoy the beach trip! It was an amazing experience. I wasn't feeling very well but I still decided to go. It was nice to forget about life and everything else for a little while. Carefree with some of the greatest friends around. The first night we walked on the beach and shouted out Happy Shark Week. Jesus Loves You! It was awesome to see how many people seemed appreciated that we told them that. Of course, the fact that it being shark week at the beach probably isn't the best thing in the world for some people but we loved it. The next day we went to the Soup Kitchen. Some worked at the soup kitchen and others remolded a building for the counseling center. We had to paint and put down carpeting. After we hung out at the beach for the rest of the day. On Tuesday we went to Cypress Gardens and a water park. We all loved the water park I think it was the highlight of everyone's day. It was a little weird when everyone was staring at my stomach. I know most weren't trying to be mean about it but some people weird and it really bugged me.
That night we went on the ghost tour! We walked around Charleston learning about ghosts. I was super tired. Wednesday we did communion on the beach and went home after touring a few churches. I am happy to be home. My migraines are still there and are really annoying me. We are increasing my amitriptyline to 25mgs this week then 50mgs next week. (you have to slowly increase the dose) I hope it helps. I'm still not tolerating feeds well. Even two ounces in my stomach hurts a lot. I have to try formula tonight so we will see how it goes I guess. I've made the decision to go back to school this year. I'm really nervous but I'm sure I'll be okay. We decided on early dismissal because I'm not sure I would be able to handle a full day of school. That's pretty much it for now. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment