Friday, August 23, 2013

One Simple Word

Food. It's a simple word that means so much. To me, food means something that I can't have. It's something I don't think I will ever be able to have unless a cure comes soon. In the dictionary it says food is any substance that sustains your life but food makes me sick it doesn't sustain my life. I have to be deprived of food just to be healthy. That sounds wrong on so many levels but it's true. Food brings horrendous pain and suffering. I'm on a strict no food diet it means I have to have this special formula and I can't have any food at all. I'm fed through a feeding tube in my intestines. Most people can't stick to a diet let alone no food. For a person on a diet trying to lose weight they can cheat here and there and be okay. However, for me that is a different story. Absolutely no cheating. If I cheat I will be on the floor literally screaming because the pain hurts so bad. Cheating brings, pain, sickness, vomiting, extra medicine, and a day or several days in bed. The same thing happens with food fails. If I am doing a food trial and eat a portion of food then I start to have symptoms I've lost the food and I'm in so much pain. I'll never get that food back that I failed. Yes, I will gain some safe foods along the way but I'll also lose some foods and that does not get any easier. You are basically mourning the loss of food. That's the best way to put it. It sounds stupid but what if you were told to stay away from food after you've been trailing that food for six weeks?
Food is everywhere. Our society revolves around food. Just think about it for a minute. Social media, TV shows, commercials, parties, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and even your morning coffee. I understand that most people can however there are those of us who can't. Eat for me to eat all the food you want. Ice cream, cake, pizza, french fries, anything that you want to eat. Eat it without a care in the world. I can't wait till one day when I can do that. So please don't ever take eating food for granted there are me and thousand of others who would do anything to take one bite of food without having to suffer the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment