- Some interesting facts about Gastroparesis.
- Your Chances of getting Digestive Tract Paralysis are 1 in 25 but your chances of getting identity theft are only 1 in 200.
- Gastroparesis has few treatment options with no cure.
- 5 million Americans suffer from Gastroparesis.
- Gastroparesis symptoms often imitate other GI disorders making diagnosis difficult.
- Tests used to diagnose Gastroparesis are: Gastric Emptying Scan, Endoscopy, Gastric Manometry, and Barium X-ray.
This month I hope you educate those about Gastroparesis/Digestive Tract Paralysis. You never know how close to home it might hit! You can always say it won't happen to you but it could! Help us find a cure for this horrible disease so I can get my life back! Most of us survive of feeding tubes and iv nutrition to live. It isn't fair that this disease has taken the one simple thing from our lives...eating.